Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mykonos, Delos, and Kasadusi Turkey

I am in Kusadasi, Turkey! While arriving today, I could hear the call to midday prayer from the PA across the harbor. Tonight, we hired a pair of belly dancers and a traditional band to play for the guests. I saw the performance, it was cool and the dancers involved the guests which was fun for them.
We spent the last two nights at the island of Mykonos, Greece. I walked into the town there, it is a maze of pedestrian streets full of jewelry, clothing, and eateries. The town is also home to some famous all night clubs.
Yesterday, we anchored off the island of Delos. Delos is home to Greece's oldest ruins. The area was incredibly scenic, and especially filled with ancient ruins.
Last night, the yacht anchored in some extremely beautiful water. It was severely clear, the bottom could be seen even at night under moonlight.
Today's trip to Turkey was through the most incredible cruising areas I have seen here in the Mediterranean. Turkey is amazing, even though I've only just stepped onto the dock. I can already tell that this country has much to be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment